Jefferson State Community College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award the Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, and the Associate of Applied Science degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Georgia 30033-4097 or call (404) 679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Jefferson State Community College.
Program Specific Accreditations
- The Nursing Program is accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission, 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite850, Atlanta, GA 30326; Telephone number 404/975-5000, FAX 404/975-5020.
- The Child Development Program is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children.
- The Clinical Laboratory Technology Program is accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS), 5600 N. River Rd. Suite 720 Rosemont, IL. 60018; Telephone number 773/714-8880, FAX 773/714-8886, NAACLS@mcs.net.
- The Physical Therapist Assistant Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education of the American Physical Therapy Association.
- The Radiologic Technology Program is accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT).
- The Associate of Applied Science Degree in the Funeral Service Education Program at Jefferson State Community College is accredited by the American Board of Funeral Service Education, (ABFSE), 3414 Ashland Avenue, Suite G, St. Joseph, Missouri 64506 (816) 233-3747. www.abfse.org
- The Culinary Apprenticeship, Foodservice/Culinary Management, and Baking/Pastry Program is accredited by The American Culinary Federation Accrediting Commission.
- The Construction Management Technology Option of the Construction and Building Science Technology Program is accredited by the American Council for Construction Education (ACCE).
- Jefferson State Community College is nationally accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) for the offering of the Associate Degrees in Accounting, Business Management, Banking and Finance Administration, Office Administration Technology, and Business Transfer Programs.
- The Veterinary Technology Program is accredited by the Committee on Veterinary Technicians Education and Activities (CVTEA) of the American Veterinary Medical Association.
- The Emergency Medical Technician Paramedic Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP).