We are so happy you have chosen Jefferson State Community College!
All applicants must submit one primary form of identification. This may be submitted in person, by mail, e-mail, or online at https://jsccid.paperform.co/. Identification cards cannot be submitted through fax.
Enrollment Services is available at every Jefferson State location to provide information to incoming students. Please use the menu on the left for a detailed list of requirements for admission to Jefferson State. We look forward to helping you through the admission process so you can begin a rewarding experience at Jefferson State.
Enrollment Services – Admissions and Records
2601 Carson Road
Birmingham, AL 35215
(205) 856-8091 (Fax)
Admission Office Hours
Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Listed are the Admission Requirements & Document Submission Policies for All Enrolling Students.
- Primary Identification
- Official High School Transcript/GED
- Primary Identification
- Transient Letter (must list enrollment term and JSCC courses to be taken)
Primary Forms of Identification
Examples of primary forms of identification:
- Unexpired Alabama Driver’s License or instruction permit
- Unexpired Alabama identification card
- Voter Registration Card
- Unexpired U.S. Passport
- Unexpired U.S. Permanent Resident Card
- Resident Alien Card — Pre-1997
- Unexpired Driver’s License or instruction permit from another state or possession that verifies lawful presence, dated 2000 and beyond
- U.S. Alien Registration Receipt Card (Form I-151) prior to 1978
- BIA or tribal identification card with photo
- I-797 Form with expiration date
Transcript Submission Policy
- Transcripts must be official. They cannot be sent via fax or as e-mail attachments.
- College transcripts must be sent directly from the college or educational agency by mail or electronic submission service, such as e-Scrip, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- High school transcripts must list a graduation date and may be submitted by mail or e-Scrip from the high school or delivered in person by you if sealed inside an envelope from the school. Transcripts with a future graduation date are considered partial transcripts.
- GED transcripts may be requested through www.ged.com.
Transient Letter Submission Policy
Transient letters may be mailed, e-mailed (PDF format) or hand-delivered. Letters must list the semester you plan to attend, the JSCC courses you have permission to take, and the signature of a registrar or advisor.
Former Dual Enrollment and Accelerated High School students must submit a final high school transcript before enrolling as a college student at Jefferson State.