We are so happy you have chosen Jefferson State Community College!
All applicants must submit one primary form of identification. This may be submitted in person, by mail, e-mail, or online at https://jsccid.paperform.co/. Identification cards cannot be submitted through fax.
Enrollment Services is available at every Jefferson State location to provide information to incoming students. Please use the menu on the left for a detailed list of requirements for admission to Jefferson State. We look forward to helping you through the admission process so you can begin a rewarding experience at Jefferson State.
Enrollment Services – Admissions and Records
2601 Carson Road
Birmingham, AL 35215
(205) 856-8091 (Fax)
Admission Office Hours
Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Listed are the Admission Requirements & Document Submission Policies for All Enrolling Students.
- Primary Identification
- Official High School Transcript/GED
- Primary Identification
- Transient Letter (must list enrollment term and JSCC courses to be taken)
Examples of primary forms of identification:
- Unexpired Alabama Driver’s License or instruction permit
- Unexpired Alabama identification card
- Voter Registration Card
- Unexpired U.S. Passport
- Unexpired U.S. Permanent Resident Card
- Resident Alien Card — Pre-1997
- Unexpired Driver’s License or instruction permit from another state or possession that verifies lawful presence, dated 2000 and beyond
- U.S. Alien Registration Receipt Card (Form I-151) prior to 1978
- BIA or tribal identification card with photo
- I-797 Form with expiration date
Selective Service Registration
Males between 18-26 must submit verification of Selective Service Registration if applying for Financial Aid. Visit www.sss.gov to print selective service verification number. It may be mailed, hand-delivered, faxed or e-mailed.
Transcript Submission Policy
Transcripts must be official. College and GED transcripts must be sent directly from the college or educational agency by mail or electronic submission service, such as e-Scrip, to firstname.lastname@example.org. High school transcripts must list a graduation date and may be submitted by mail or e-Scrip from the high school or delivered in person by you if sealed inside an envelope from the school. GED transcripts may be requested through www.ged.com. Transient letters may be mailed, faxed, presented in person by student or e-mailed as a PDF.
High School Seniors, please submit your final high school transcript after graduation.
Former Dual Enrollment and Accelerated High School students must submit a final high school transcript before enrolling as a college student at Jefferson State.
Students who need to apply using a paper application, click here