The Jefferson State Art & Animation Guild sponsored a reception on April 5th at the East Pinson Valley Recreation Center. Art Faculty Member Pamela Venz, from Birmingham-Southern College, was this year’s exhibition judge. All artwork was judged on originality, composition, craftsmanship, and quality of technique.
Winners for the annual Jefferson State Juried Student Art Exhibition are below. For pictures of the complete exhibition, follow the Jefferson State Art Department on Instagram @Jeffersonstateedu.
High School Competition
- Best of Show- Michelle Nguyen, Jefferson County Visual Arts Academy. “Final” Digital Print
- 2nd Place- Laura Smith, Hewitt Trussville High School. “Painting Sky” Watercolor, Painting
- 3rd Place- Keanu A. McMurray, Pell City High School. “The Academy” Digital, Photography
Jefferson State Community College
- Best of Show – Jose Eduardo Trejo Cruz, Jefferson Campus. “Me,” Graphite Drawing Judge: Pamela Venz with winner
- 2nd Place -Dayna Knight, Jefferson Campus. “Old House,” Mixed Media, Painting
- 3rd Place – Justin Sneed, Jefferson Campus. “George Harriman’s Krazy Kat, (A Tribute to Coconino Country),” Acrylic Paint, Comic Paper. Judge: Pamela Venz with winning entry
- Drawing- (1st Place)- Kristalyn Robinson, Jefferson Campus. “Self Portrait,” Graphite Drawing
- Painting – (1st Place)- Alyson Wayman, Jefferson Campus. “Universal Trees,” Acrylic on Canvas, Painting
- Photography – (1st Place)- Suzanna Laurance, Jefferson Campus, “Water Lillies”
- Three Dimensional Works/Installation – (1st Place)- M J Layton II, Jefferson Campus, “The Copper Tree,” Copper Wire