The Spotlight Drama Club is pleased to announce auditions their fall production. You Can’t Beat the House, is a wacky farce about a robbery gone wrong, the couple who gets caught in the middle, and a ghost that may (or may not) haunt the house.
Auditions, rehearsals, and performances will be held at The Pell City CEPA, 25 Williamson Drive, on July 29 at 2 pm and July 30 at 6 pm. Auditionees need only attend one date, though are welcome to attend both. Those wishing to audition should prepare a one-minute comedic monologue or a long joke.
Performance dates are September 26-29. Rehearsals will typically be held three evenings per week beginning August 12 and through the show dates. Those wishing to audition will be asked to list any scheduling conflicts on their audition form. For more information contact Spotlight Drama Club co-sponsor Lesley Warren at email@example.com.
- Director: Lesley Warren – firstname.lastname@example.org
- When: July 29 at 2 pm and July 30 at 6 pm. Attendance on both dates is not required.
- Where: The CEPA stage. 25 Williamson Dr. Pell City, AL 35125 (the tallest building on the Pell City High School campus)
- Rehearsals: August 12- September 23. Specific dates and times will be determined after casting.
- Performances: September 26-29
- What to Prepare: A one-minute comedic monologue or a long joke.
- Who can Audition: Anyone! Roles are available for all ages and ethnicities.
- MERLE (any age): An amiable but not very good burglar.
- HOWIE (any age): Merle’s partner, who thinks with his heart.
- CONRAD SPEARS (20s): Young married man, given to arguing.
- GLENDA SPEARS (20s): Conrad’s wife, a woman with a secret.
- COURTNEY PARFAIT (any age): A well-coifed real estate agent.
- OFFICER MILO LARRABY (40s to 60s): A not-too-bright police officer.
- LILLIAN (40s to 60s): Glenda’s pushy mother.
- MADAME ZENOBIA (any age): A wise-cracking spiritual medium.
- BRITTANY MARIE (early 20s): Conrad’s dumb secretary.
- FERN LARRABY (60 or over): Larraby’s crabby mother.
Instructor of Theater
Spotlight Drama Club Co-Sponsor