Students completing dual enrollment classes receive both high school and college credit. The courses available are determined by the contract with the high school. Students must meet all course prerequisites prior to registration. Prerequisites may be met by achieving required minimum scores on the placement test or ACT Test. See placement testing for additional information. Click here for Placement Test Exemptions.
Most dual enrollment students take courses at their high school. Students may take dual enrollment courses at one of Jefferson State’s locations when it is outlined in the dual enrollment agreement. Students may apply online. Refer to these registration dates & times.
Tuition & Fees
Registration is not complete until tuition and fees are paid in full. High school students enrolled in the accelerated program must pay normal tuition as required by the institution according to the Tuition and Fees schedule. Financial aid is not available to high school students. Students who participate in the PACT program may use PACT funds to pay for accelerate high school courses. In order to utilize PACT, students must contact PACT directly and activate their PACT account early. PACT students are also required to submit the PACT Authorization Form each semester.
High school students must meet the following criteria to be admitted into program.
- 2.5 cumulative GPA on 4.0 scale
- Approval from high school
Admission Application Process
- Complete an Online Application
- Complete signature page with signatures from student, parent, and high school counselor
- Submit official high school transcript(s)
- Provide copy of unexpired identification document, such as driver’s license
High school students must meet the following criteria to be continue in the program.
- Earn a C or better on all dual enrollment courses
- Students who do not earn a C or higher, or Withdraw from a course, are suspended from dual enrollment for one term, not to include the summer term
- Students can reapply following the one term suspension
For Additional Information
- Contact your high school counselor
- Or email Jefferson State at firstname.lastname@example.org