Students completing dual enrollment classes receive both high school and college credit. The courses available are determined by the contract with the high school. Students must meet all course prerequisites prior to registration. Prerequisites may be met by achieving required minimum scores on the placement test or ACT Test. See placement testing for additional information.
Most dual enrollment students take courses at their high school. Students may take dual enrollment courses at one of Jefferson State’s locations when it is outlined in the dual enrollment agreement. Students may apply online. Refer to these registration dates & times.
Tuition & Fees
Registration is not complete until tuition and fees are paid in full. Financial aid is not available to high school students. Students who have a PACT Plan may use PACT funds to pay for dual enrollment tuition. In order to utilize PACT, the purchaser of the PACT Plan must contact a PACT representative directly and request early activation of their PACT Plan. PACT students are also required to submit the PACT Authorization Form each semester they participate in dual enrollment.
High school students must meet the following criteria to be admitted into program.
- 2.5 cumulative GPA on 4.0 scale
- Be in the 10th, 11th, or 12th grade (students are considered in the 10th grade during the Fall of their Sophomore year)
- Approval from high school counselor
Admission Application Process
- Complete an Online Application
- Complete signature page with signatures from student, parent, and high school counselor
- Submit official high school transcript reflecting GPA
- Provide copy of unexpired identification document, such as a driver’s license
- Earn a “C” or better in all dual enrollment courses
- Students who do not earn a C or higher, or Withdraw (W) from a course, are suspended from dual enrollment for one term, not to include the summer term
- Students can reapply following the one term suspension
For Additional Information
- Contact your high school counselor
- Or email Jefferson State at firstname.lastname@example.org