Jefferson State Community College scholarships are open to students entering as freshman, currently enrolled students and to students who transfer to other colleges and universities. Either the Donor or the Student Assistance and Scholarship Committee establishes the selection criteria.
Thomas E. & Judy M. Merritt Scholarship (2015 Deadline has expired)
- Scholarships are awarded on yearly basis.
- Shall not exceed one year.
- Minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA after two semesters of enrollment.
- Completed 24 hours at Jefferson State Community College.
- Student must exemplify servant leadership, based on resume, essay, and 2 letters of recommendation.
High School Students
- must have a cumulative 3.0 GPA or higher at the end of their 1st semester senior year
- 22 or higher on their ACT
- Applied for admission to Jefferson State for the fall 2015
- Submit a copy of their high school transcripts showing their grades and GPA after the first semester of their senior year.
Current Jefferson State students – 2015 Deadline has expired.
- must have a cumulative 3.0 GPA or higher
- must have completed 12 or more credit hours at Jefferson State All applicants must attach a two-page essay and one recommendation to the scholarship application.
UAB Honors Choice Scholarship
The University of Alabama at Birmingham has been gracious to provide three (3) two-year UAB Honors Choice Scholarship valued at $3,000.00 ($1500.00 per year) to Jefferson State Community College students.
Only students who have been admitted to UAB with a grade point average of at least a 3.5 on a 4.0 academic scale and demonstrate leadership qualities are eligible to apply.
Students must complete the JSCC Transfer Outgoing Application. Applications with the additional required documents must be returned to the JSCC financial aid office to be considered. Deadline to be announced.
Jacksonville State University
Presidential Transfer Scholarship ( for students transferring at the end of the Fall 2015 semester)
Jacksonville State University is pleased to offer a Presidential Scholarship to a Fall 2015 graduating community college student.
To be eligible for the scholarship Jacksonville State University requires that the student graduate during Fall 2015, be unconditionally accepted to Jacksonville State University, apply for this scholarship prior to January 1, 2016, have an overall 3.5 grade point average (GPA) and have never attended Jacksonville State University as a full-time student.
This scholarship will pay in-state tuition costs for spring and fall up to twelve hours each semester (24 semester hours per academic year). The scholarship is renewable for one additional year with continued academic progress at the 3.25 grade point average.
Applications to JSU and the scholarships may be completed online through www.jsu.edu. Applications must be completed no later than January 1, 2016. For additional details or questions, students may contact Martin Weldon, University Scholarship Coordinator via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scholarship applications and listings are available here.
- Transfer Outgoing Application Form
- Transfer Outgoing Essay Form
- Transfer Scholarship Recommendation Form
Other Scholarship Opportunities
Jefferson State offers numerous scholarships in the form of tuition waivers. Information for these scholarships is available in the respective divisions.
- Academic-New Students: High School Senior Counselor Or Financial Aid Office email@example.com
- Academic-Previously Enrolled: Financial Aid Office firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ambassadors: Philip Guinn email@example.com
- Thomas E. & Judy M. Merritt Scholarship: Criteria (205) 983-5245 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Children of Blind Parents: Debra Culver Rehabilitation Specialist (800) 441-7607, (334) 613-2248, (256) 362-0638
- Counselors: Financial Aid Office email@example.com
- Phi Theta Kappa: Liesl Harris (205) 983-5956Shelby Campus – Beta Lambda Delta firstname.lastname@example.org, Shelley Coley – Jefferson Pi Pi Chapter email@example.com
- Recruitment: Rodney Thompson (205) 856-7914 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scholar’s Bowl: Lucy Lewis (205) 856-6046 email@example.com
- Jeff State Singers: (32) Michael Thomas (205) 856-7900 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sigma Kappa Delta: English Honor’s Society – Connie Caskey Shelby-Hoover (205) 983-5966 email@example.com Katie Boyer – Jefferson (205) 856-6085 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Speech/Debate: Janice Ralya (205) 983-5963 email@example.com
- Student Government Association (SGA): Tiffany Todd (205) 856-7860 firstname.lastname@example.org
- ENACTUS: Phaer Bonner (205) 983-5202 email@example.com