Jefferson State Community College scholarships are open to students entering as freshman, currently enrolled students and to students who transfer to other colleges and universities. Either the Donor or the Student Assistance and Scholarship Committee establishes the selection criteria.
Thomas E. & Judy M. Merritt Scholarship (2015 Deadline has expired)
- Scholarships are awarded on yearly basis.
- Shall not exceed one year.
- Minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA after two semesters of enrollment.
- Completed 24 hours at Jefferson State Community College.
- Student must exemplify servant leadership, based on resume, essay, and 2 letters of recommendation.
High School Students
- must have a cumulative 3.0 GPA or higher at the end of their 1st semester senior year
- 22 or higher on their ACT
- Applied for admission to Jefferson State for the fall 2015
- Submit a copy of their high school transcripts showing their grades and GPA after the first semester of their senior year.
Current Jefferson State students – 2015 Deadline has expired.
- must have a cumulative 3.0 GPA or higher
- must have completed 12 or more credit hours at Jefferson State All applicants must attach a two-page essay and one recommendation to the scholarship application.
The University of Alabama at Birmingham has been gracious to provide three (3) two-year UAB Honors Choice Scholarship valued at $3,000.00 ($1500.00 per year) to Jefferson State Community College students.
Only students who have been admitted to UAB with a grade point average of at least a 3.5 on a 4.0 academic scale and demonstrate leadership qualities are eligible to apply.
Students must complete the JSCC Transfer Outgoing Application. Applications with the additional required documents must be returned to the JSCC financial aid office to be considered. Deadline to be announced.
- Transfer Outgoing Application Form
- Transfer Outgoing Essay Form
- Transfer Scholarship Recommendation Form
Other Scholarship Opportunities
Jefferson State offers numerous scholarships in the form of tuition waivers. Information for these scholarships is available in the respective divisions.
- Academic-New Students: High School Senior Counselor Or Financial Aid Office firstname.lastname@example.org
- Academic-Previously Enrolled: Financial Aid Office email@example.com
- Ambassadors: Philip Guinn firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thomas E. & Judy M. Merritt Scholarship: Criteria (205) 983-5245 email@example.com
- Children of Blind Parents: Debra Culver Rehabilitation Specialist (800) 441-7607, (334) 613-2248, (256) 362-0638
- Counselors: Financial Aid Office firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phi Theta Kappa: Liesl Harris (205) 983-5956Shelby Campus – Beta Lambda Delta email@example.com, Shelley Coley – Jefferson Pi Pi Chapter firstname.lastname@example.org
- Recruitment: Rodney Thompson (205) 856-7914 email@example.com
- Scholar’s Bowl: Lucy Lewis (205) 856-6046 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jeff State Singers: (32) Michael Thomas (205) 856-7900 email@example.com
- Sigma Kappa Delta: English Honor’s Society – Connie Caskey Shelby-Hoover (205) 983-5966 firstname.lastname@example.org Katie Boyer – Jefferson (205) 856-6085 email@example.com
- Speech/Debate: Janice Ralya (205) 983-5963 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Government Association (SGA): Tiffany Todd (205) 856-7860 email@example.com
- ENACTUS: Phaer Bonner (205) 983-5202 firstname.lastname@example.org