The Ready-to-Work non-credit program provides FREE training for employment with most businesses and industries in Alabama. The Ready-to-Work program helps provide a career pathway for adults with limited education and employment experiences at 96 sites by 22 colleges.
Successful completers of the Ready to Work Program earn the following certifications and credit hours:
- Alabama Certified Worker (ACW) Certificate
- ACT Work Keys-National Career Readiness Credentials (CRC)
- FDIC – Financial Literacy Money Smart – 11 Certifications
- The potential of earning a total of 13 certifications
- 3 Credit hours to be applied to course of your choice at Jefferson State
Essential Requirements for Successful Completion Include:
- A 95% attendance and punctuality rate.
- Satisfactory achievement of work ethic, organizational skills, attitude and motivation.
- Satisfactory achievement of problem solving skills, workplace behaviors, financial education, customer service, computer skills, job acquisition skills and operation skills.
- WorkKeys Assessments: Applied Mathematics, Reading for Information, and Locating Information.
- Alabama Certified Worker Examination
Getting Started Is Easy
You must have a High School Diploma or GED to participate. Contact Jefferson State’s GED Preparation program at (205) 856-7945 if you need to complete the GED.
Click here to register for the next Ready to Work class.
The Ready to Work program is free and is approximately 8 weeks in length. Our next session will begin Tuesday, April 3, 2017. The class will meet from 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. The class will meet at Jefferson State’s Jefferson Campus in Lurleen Wallace Hall 101.
Introduction to RTW consists of:
Workplace Violence; What is Harassment; Safety Orientation; Diversity in the Workplace
- Safe Lifting & Fire Extinguisher
- Team Building
- Customer Service
- Problem Solving
- Problem Solving Tools
- Decision Analysis
- Time Management
- Conflict Resolution
- Bank On It
- Borrowing Basics
- Check It Out
- Money Matters
- Pay Yourself First
- Keep It Safe
- To Your Credit
- Charge It Right
- Loan To Own
- Your Own Home
- Financial Recovery
- Resumes and Cover Letters
- Application Forms
- Workplace Safety
- Precision Measurement
- Lean/Just-In-Time Operation
- Introduction to Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Principles of Quality Operations*
- Diversity – Drop by Drop DVD
- Harassment Is DAV
- Workplace Violence – The Calm Before the Storm DVD
- Safety Orientation – It Takes a Winning Attitude DVD
- Workplace Ethics (No DVD required)
- Team Member Training (No DVD required)
- Windows 7, XP and Mac Operating Systems
- Introduction to Computers
- Technology to Communicate