The Jefferson State Singers are the choral group for the college and perform at various events throughout the year.
To be a part of the Jefferson State Singers, members must meet the requirements below and perform during an audition.
At the audition, students should be prepared to sing one song that they feel highlights the strengths of their vocal abilities. The student will be led through vocal exercises to determine range, voice part, and pitch-matching ability. Students will also be led through basic ear-training exercises to determine pitch memory and listening skills.
To be eligible for a Jefferson State Singers Scholarship students must:
- be selected by audition to participate with the group.
- enroll as a full-time student at Jefferson State Community College.
- have/maintain a cumulative 2.5 GPA.
- remain in good standing with the college.
- meet attendance requirements at rehearsals and performances.
- either read music or take the class MUS 110 (where this skill is taught).
George Layton Building 012