- Student must be a high school graduate or have been awarded a GED
- Student must submit a completed and signed application
- Student must be admitted to Jefferson State Community College and be enrolled in the Manufacturing Systems Technology AAS Degree option
- After enrollment, students must be referred by the JSCC Manufacturing & Technology Center to be interviewed by Kamtek for final acceptance into the program
- It is expected up to 15 students will be accepted each semester.
The Program Consists of Two Components
- Manufacturing Systems Technology Option classroom/lab instruction at Jefferson State
- Paid internship at Kamtek
The Manufacturing Systems Technology Option consists of a total of sixty-nine (69) semester credit hours resulting in an Associate in Applied Science (AAS) Degree. Students selected will have the opportunity to work up to twenty-four (24) hours per week at Kamtek. Work hours will be coordinated around each student’s class schedule. Kamtek will screen and interview student applicants for acceptance.
Continuation in the internship program is contingent upon the student meeting the standards and requirements of Kamtek.
To apply, currently enrolled students must have a cumulative 2.0 GPA; new students must be admitted to the college as a Manufacturing Systems Technology Option major and have a high school diploma or GED. Students maintaining a 3.0 GPA or higher will be eligible to receive continued financial support (payment of tuition, fees and books) from Kamtek. Kamtek will not pay any costs for students to retake failed classes.
Graduates of the program having successfully completed both the AAS degree option and the Kamtek apprenticeship may advance to Kamtek and earn a full-time position in Production or a higher skilled production position.
Refunds for all funds provided by the sponsor (Kamtek) will not be issued to the student. Refunds will be returned to the sponsor’s fund based on the applicable refund schedule.
Director Manufacturing & Technology
Jefferson State Community College
(205) 856-8517 or (205) 812-2737