The library provides a resource page for every course and program offered at the college. These pages are accessible via the library’s information management platform/website. Access to the fee-based resources is for authorized users only [currently enrolled students].
Summary of combined collections:
- Books [circulating and reference]: 72,129
- Electronic Books: 149,362
- Audio/Visual Material: 1,492
- Government Documents: 6,355
- TOTAL: 229,338*
*as of February 2013
Research & Reference Databases
The Learning Resource Centers provide access to over 60 research and reference databases. These are accessible to authorized users via the library’s website.
The Learning Resource Centers of Jefferson State Community College have four physical locations: Jefferson Campus, Shelby Campus, St. Clair-Pell City Campus, and the Chilton-Clanton Campus.
- The Jefferson Campus Learning Resource Center is located on the second floor of the Allen Library Building.
- The Shelby Campus Learning Resource Center is located on the first floor of the General Studies Building.
- The Learning Resource Center at the St. Clair-Pell City Campus is located in Room 117 of the main building.
- The Learning Resource Center at the Chilton-Clanton Campus is located in Room 114 of the main building.
- Online: The Learning Resource Centers are available online, 24 hours a day from any internet connection via its information management platform and website.
All students have access to the materials and resources on any campus library. The libraries utilize the campus courier service to deliver materials between campuses and items requested from other campus libraries can usually be received the following day. Students may also return books to any campus library.
A professional librarian is available during all open hours at all four campus library locations to assist students, faculty, and staff. Additionally, a professional librarian monitors the library’s virtual reference service which is available from the library’s website and on the college’s website.
Computing & Copying Services
All four campus libraries provide networked computing and printing for students. Wireless internet access is also available to currently enrolled students. Coin operated copiers are placed at each library for use in copying reserve and reference materials.