Are you an adult thinking about…
- beginning college after being out of school for a long time,
- taking classes to upgrade your skills for re-entering the workforce,
- getting a college degree to help you get a better job,
- fulfilling a lifelong dream of attending college?
Spring Seminar Schedule
If you are an adult–single (25 and older); married/divorced/widowed; single parent; or GED recipient – attend a FREE seminar at Jefferson State. You will receive information on college admissions, financial aid, and beginning college. This seminar is offered by New Options.
If you are interested in attending, please call NEW OPTIONS to register at (205) 856-7718 or toll-free 1-800-239-5900, ext. 8571.
Jefferson Campus – (Directions)
(205) 856-7718 Fitzgerald Student Center, 3rd Floor Conference Room
- Friday, June 7, 12:00 Noon – 2:00 pm
- Friday, July 12, 12:00 Noon – 2:00 pm
Shelby-Hoover Campus – (Directions)
(205) 983-5911 – General Studies Bldg. Conf. Rm.117
- Tuesday, June 27, 12:00 Noon – 2:00 pm
- Thursday, July 8, 12:00 Noon – 2:00 pm
Chilton-Clanton Campus – (Directions)
(205) 280-8200 – 1st Floor Conference Room
- Thursday, June 11, 12:00 Noon – 2:00 pm
- Tuesday, July 25, 12:00 Noon – 2:00 pm
St. Clair-Pell City Campus (Directions)
(205) 812-2700 – Conference Room 115
- Monday, June 10 , 12:00 Noon – 2:00 pm
- Thursday, July 18, 12:00 Noon – 2:00 pm
The New Options Program is designed to support non-traditional adults–single adults (25 and older); single parents; married adults; or GED recipients–who are beginning college for the first time or who are returning to college after an interruption in their education.
The program offers free seminars each semester at the Jefferson, Shelby-Hoover, St. Clair-Pell City and Chilton-Clanton campuses. These seminars help participants prepare for classes and cover many topics including beginning college, applying for financial aid, study skills, job search skills and becoming a successful student.