Are you an adult thinking about…
- beginning college after being out of school for a long time,
- taking classes to upgrade your skills for re-entering the work force,
- getting a college degree to help you get a better job,
- fulfilling a lifelong dream of attending college?
The New Options Program is designed to support non-traditional adults–single adults (25 and older); single parents; married adults; or GED recipients–who are beginning college for the first time or who are returning to college after an interruption in their education.
The program offers free seminars each semester at the Jefferson, Shelby, Pell City and Clanton campuses. These seminars help you prepare for classes and cover many topics including beginning college, applying for financial aid, study skills, job search skills and becoming a successful student.
If you are an adult–single (25 and older); married/divorced/widowed; single parent; or GED recipient -attend a FREE seminar at Jefferson State. You will receive information on college admissions, financial aid, and beginning college. This seminar is offered by New Options.
If you are interested in attending, please call NEW OPTIONS to per-register at (205) 856-7718 or toll-free 1-800-239-5900, ext. 8571.
- Friday. October 13, 2017 — 12:00 Noon — 2:00 p.m., Allen Library 205
- Friday, November 17, 2017 — 12:00 Noon — 2:00 p.m., Allen Library 205
- Tuesday, October 17, 2017 — 12:00 Noon — 2:00 p.m., General Studies Building, Conference Room 117
- Monday, November 13, 2017 — 6:00 p.m. — 8:00 p.m., General Studies Building, Conference Room 117
- Thursday, October 19, 2017 — 12:00 Noon — 2:00 p.m., First Floor Conference Room
- Tuesday, November 14, 2017 — 12:00 Noon — 2:00 p.m., First Floor Conference Room
- Monday, October 23, 2017 — 12:00 Noon — 2:00 p.m., Conference Room 115
- Thursday, November 16, 2017 — 12:00 Noon — 2:00 p.m., Conference Room 115