Jefferson State’s Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society Chapters recently traveled to National Harbor, Maryland to participate and compete in NerdNation 2016, Phi Theta Kappa’s Annual Convention.
Phi Theta Kappa chapters from across the country competed and both Jefferson State chapters were recognized with the following awards:
- Distinguished Chapter Award (Beta Lambda Delta Chapter)
- College Project Award (Beta Lambda Delta Chapter)
- Honors in Action Award (Beta Lambda Delta Chapter)
- Honors in Action Theme Award (Beta Lambda Delta Chapter)
- Erin Georgia (Pi Pi Chapter) was named to the first team of the USA Today All-Academic Team
“We are so proud of the dedication and commitment of these students” said Jefferson State PTK Advisor Dr. Liesl Harris. “The students have had a wonderful year of service and are certainly worthy of these honors.”
Phi Theta Kappa, the International Honor Society of the Two-Year College, has recognized academic excellence in the two-year college since 1918. The Society is comprised of more than 1,285 chapters at community, technical and junior colleges in all 50 of the United States, in Canada, Germany, U.S. Territories, the Republic of Palau and the British Virgin Islands, making it the largest and most prestigious honor society serving two-year colleges.