The Construction Management Technology Option of the Construction and Building Science Technology Program is accredited by the American Council for Construction Education (ACCE).Mission Statement
The general mission of the construction program, as contained in the Mission of the College, is to offer programs and activities that reflect those characteristics that help define an educated person. These characteristics include a level of general education that enables the individual to understand his or her culture and environment; the development of skills in analysis, communication, quantification, and synthesis necessary for further growth as a lifelong member of society; the identification of a system of personal values based on accepted ethics that lead to civic and social responsibility; and the attainment of skills that enhance the development of leisure activities and a healthful lifestyle. These characteristics are attained not only through organized courses and programs, but also through a variety of social, cultural, civic and other educational activities that are offered based on the needs of the community.Purpose
The following purposes stem from this philosophy and are stated by the College as commitments to fulfilling the overall role of the institution.
The program, accordingly with the college mission, is committed:
- To provide accessible educational programs through which students may obtain the skills and knowledge necessary to pursue their life’s work and to become educated members of society.
- To provide the services and environment necessary to assist its students in achieving their educational goals and enhancing their social and physical development.
- To act as a leader in building connections beyond the campus and in fostering partnerships within the community, which are inspired by common goals.
- To maintain standards of achievement consistent with accredited collegiate institutions and accessible programs that are offered at reasonable costs.
- To efficiently integrated industry standards into a student’s learning process and assist graduates to assume a successful position within the construction industry.
- To provide residential and light commercial builders with graduates that can function efficiently on the job site or in the office. Graduates can also function well in entry-level management positions in heavy construction.
- To provide architectural and detailing firms with graduates that can function efficiently in the workplace.
- To provide professional development training for those who are currently employed in the construction and architecture professions.