Baking & Pastry Option Applied Science Degree Requirements (AAS CO30)
The courses listed below are part of the A.A.S. degree. While completing requirements for A.A.S. degree, a student can earn the certificate. To be awarded the certificate, the student should contact the Enrollment Services Graduation Office.
- *A minimum of 29 hours and a minimum GPA of 2.00 is required for a certificate from Jefferson State.
- *A minimum of 8 hours in this program must be completed at JSCC to satisfy the residency requirement.
- *Grade of C or better required in all major and option courses.
- ENG 101 English Composition I
- SPH 107 or SPH 106 Speech
- HED 222 or HED 231 Health
- MTH 100 or 116 Mathematics
- CIS 130 or CIS 146 Computer Science Lab Science Elective
- Social & Behavioral Science Elective
- Humanities & Fine Arts Elective
- CUA 101 Orientation to the Hospitality Profession
- CUA 110 Basic Food Preparation
- CUA 120 Basic Food Preparation Lab
- CUA 111 Foundations in Nutrition
- CUA 112S Sanitation, Safety & Food Service
- CUA 213 Food Purchasing & Cost Control
Baking & Pastry Option
- CUA 204 Foundations of Baking 3
- CUA 208 Advanced Baking 2
- CUA 130 Chocolate and Truffles 3
- CUA 216 Plated Dessert Design 3
- CUA 142 Specialty Breads 2
- CUA 165 Cake Decorating/Design 3
- CUA 253 Field Experience – Pastry
- CUA 261 Practicum 1
- HMM 105S Principles of Management 3
- CUA 180 Special Topics in Hospitality Service 1
Total Pastry Culinarian Hours 27