Foodservice/Culinary Management Advanced Option Requirements (CER C092)
The courses listed below are part of the A.A.S. degree. While completing requirements for A.A.S. degree, a student can earn the advanced certificate. To be awarded the advanced certificate, the student should contact the Enrollment Services Graduation Office.
- *A minimum of 41 hours and a minimum GPA of 2.00 is required for a certificate from Jefferson State.
- *A minimum of 11 hours in this program must be completed at JSCC to satisfy the residency requirement.
- *Grade of C or better required in all major and option courses.
- ENG 101 English Composition I
- MTH 100 or 116 Mathematics
- CIS 130 or 146 Computer Science
- Humanities & Fine Arts Elective
- CUA 101 Orientation to the Hospitality Profession
- HMM 105S Principles of Hospitality Management
- CUA 111 Foundations in Nutrition
- CUA 112S Sanitation, Safety & Food Service
- CUA 213 Food Purchasing & Cost Control
- CUA 110 Basic Food Preparation
- CUA 120 Basic Food Preparation Lab
- CUA 115 Advanced Food Preparation
- CUA 201 Meat Preparation & Processing
- CUA 204 Foundations of Baking
- CUA 210 Beverage Management