Hotel/Restaurant Management (AAS C236)
The courses listed below are part of the A.A.S. degree. While completing requirements for A.A.S. degree, a student can earn the advanced certificate. To be awarded the advanced certificate, the student should contact the Enrollment Services Graduation Office.
- *A minimum of 41 hours and a minimum GPA of 2.00 is required for a certificate from Jefferson State.
- *A minimum of 11 hours in this program must be completed at JSCC to satisfy the residency requirement.
- *Grade of C or better required in all major and option courses.
- ENG 101 English Composition I
- SPH 107 or SPH 106 Speech
- HED 222 or HED 231 Health
- MTH 100 or 116 Mathematics
- CIS 130 or CIS 146 Computer Science
- Lab Science Elective
- Social & Behavioral Science Elective
- Humanities & Fine Arts Elective
- CUA 101 Orientation to the Hospitality Profession
- CUA 110 Basic Food Preparation
- CUA 120 Basic Food Preparation Lab
- CUA 111 Foundations in Nutrition
- CUA 112S Sanitation, Safety & Food Service
- CUA 213 Food Purchasing & Cost Control
- HMM 105S Principles of Management
- HMM 106S Beverage Selection and Appreciation
- HSM 240 Housekeeping Administration
- CUA 210 Beverage Management
- HMM 240 Hospitality Managerial Accounting
- HMM 241 Restaurant Service Management 1
- HMM 251 Front Office Management
- BUS 263 Legal & Social Environment of Business
- *HMM 190 Hotel/Restaurant Internship