The Distance Education Division increases access to college courses by utilizing educational technologies and Internet based content delivery methods that reduce, and in some cases eliminate, the need for students to be in particular locations at set times to receive instruction.
- Oversee development and design of transfer, career and developmental courses to ensure comparability of distance education courses with courses delivered in the traditional manner.
- Make effective and innovative use of educational hardware, software and web services to develop and deliver Internet, web-enhanced and interactive videoconference courses.
- Schedule flexible learning opportunities that meet the needs of students with constraints that prevent them from attending traditional classes.
- Promote faculty development and training in the use of educational technologies and alternative methods of delivering instruction.
- Coordinate dual enrollment courses for qualified high school students.
Distance education courses follow the same course outlines as courses delivered in the traditional manner and are taught by qualified Jefferson State instructors. Upon successful completion of these courses, students receive credit equivalent to traditional courses.