George Layton Building 253
Jefferson State’s Criminal Justice Department has a most impressive adjunct faculty comprised of professionals from various areas within the field. By sharing their knowledge and expertise, these dedicated professionals personify the philosophy of the community college.
- Chief Tommy Thomas, Pelham Police Department
- Mark Delk, State of Alabama Pharmaceutical Investigator, retired Lt. of the Pelham Police Department
- Mike Lee, Chief of Security Birmingham Public Libraries, retired Lt. of the Birmingham Police Department
- Doug Scofield, Attorney at Law
- Detective Rod Robinson, Jefferson County Sheriff’s Dept.
- Sheila Stephens, CEO Safer Security, Inc., former ATF Agent
- Guest speakers from local, state and federal law enforcement and corrections also routinely visit our classes to provide occupational lectures and job information.
* Students may visit jails, prisons and courts during the year on an optional basis