Alabama Automotive Manufacturers Association (AAMA) Dr. Bernard J. Schroer Scholarship
AAMA Dr. Bernard J. Schroer Scholarship, facilitated through the Consortium for Alabama Regional Center for Automotive Manufacturing (CARCAM), support individuals pursuing a career/technical education certificate or associate degree in the Alabama College System in preparation for a career in the automotive manufacturing industry.
- Alabama Resident
- High school graduate or GED recipient
- Planning to pursue an automotive manufacturing career in Alabama
- Applicant must have a declared major in one of the following programs: Automotive, Manufacturing Technology, Automated Manufacturing, Computer Numerical Control, Engineering Technology, Industrial Electronics Technology, Industrial Maintenance Technology, Injection Molding, Machine Shop Technology, Machine Tool Technology, Manufacturing Technology, Mechanical Design Technology, Mechatronics, Welding Technology
Applicant must have completed one semester at a CARCAM College and be enrolled in the second semester to apply;
- Any scholarship award is contingent upon successful completion of the second college semester.
- Applicant must have a desire to work in Alabama’s automotive manufacturing industry.
- Applicant must have a 2.5 overall GPA
- Award recipient must attend the AAMA summer quarterly meeting to be recognized
- A maximum of 12 scholarships at $750 per semester for two (2) semesters will be awarded per academic year.
- A maximum of three (3) scholarships may be awarded annually to any one CARCAM college.
AAMA Scholarship Application 2016 – *Your application will NOT be renewed automatically.