What is QEP?
The Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP), is a part of the reaffirmation process the college goes through to maintain its accreditation. It involves several types of research to help identify an area of need within our student population. The college responds by developing a comprehensive plan to address the need.
What did our college select for the QEP?
Our college targeted developmental Mathematics (Math 090, Math 098) as a particular area of need for our students. Our plan allows qualified students to use an online learning environment in conjunction with increased instructor support to decrease the time spent in developmental mathematics.
Who qualifies for the QEP?
Beginning in Fall, if you are a student who has taken the placement test:
- If you scored a 26-45 on Section 2, you now qualify for Math 098S. Math 098S is a four credit hour course that incorporates the most important review concepts from Math 090 and combines them with Math 098. This course can be completed completely online, at our learning success computer lab, or a combination of both. All aspects are supported by a specifically trained instructor.
- If you scored a 24-43 on Section 3, you now qualify for Math 100S. Math 100S is a four credit hour course that incorporates the most important review concepts from Math 098 and combines them with Math 100. This course can be completed completely online, at our learning success computer lab, or a combination of both. All aspects are supported by a specifically trained instructor.
Jefferson State is also accepting ACCUPLACER test scores of:
- Elementary Algebra: Score of 30-50 — Math 098S
- Elementary Algebra: Score of 51-69 — Math 100S
- College Level Math: Score of 20-29 — Math 100S
Jefferson State accepts ACT Math scores of:
- ACT Math score of 15-16 qualifies a student to take MTH 098S
- ACT Math score of 19-20 qualifies a student to take MTH 100S
How do I sign up?
If you are a qualifying student and are interested in signing up for one of the new QEP courses you can contact the instructor directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to get registered for the course. At this time you cannot automatically register yourself online.
Want more information?
You can speak directly to the instructor or head of the QEP program through the QEP e-mail address email@example.com.
Associate Dean of Developmental Education and Distance Education
Jefferson State Community College
2601 Carson Road
Jefferson Campus BDH 101
Birmingham, Alabama 35215-3098