The Learning Success Center can help you with…
- Create a weekly study schedule to keep you on track
- Organize your notebook into convenient, easy-to-find sections
- Define goals to improve motivation & reduce procrastination
- Create a complete study system, from reading to lecture to test
Reading, Note taking & Study
- Develop focus and concentration strategies, so you can get the most from your textbook
- Strategize textbook note taking to retain information
- Organize reading and lecture notes into study guides
- Analyze past tests to identify your individual test-taking problems
- Develop strategies to relax and reduce test anxiety
- Prioritize most important material for your test
- Handouts, science models and electronic resources
- Study rooms and open access computers
- Study Skills Seminars
- PLE PLATO Computer Lab
Study Skills Instruction
- Individualized study skills instruction guided by the Learning Success Center staff (call (205) 856-7952 for an appointment).
- PLATO Academic Success- The Web version of PLATO Academic Success is taken online by students and scored automatically by the computer. The PLATO Academic Success provides a profile of strengths and weakness for of the ten PLATO Academic Success scales. The Web version also allows instructors online access to reports.
- Computer-Assisted Tutoring - Psychology, Geography, Anatomy, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Nursing, English, And more.
Study Skills Handouts
- Concentration Tips
- How-to-Study.com provides valuable study skills resources for teachers, parents and students around the world.
- Identifying Your Learning Style
- Listening and Taking Notes
- Managing Your Time and Study Environment
- Note Taking Systems
- Research and Writing Papers
- Taking Multiple Choice Tests
- Test Taking Strategies
- Time Management