The top 6 students will be given gift certificates to the college bookstore:
1st place – $100; 2nd place – $75; 3rd place – $50, 4th-6th places – $25.
- The contest is open to students currently taking 106 and 107 on all campuses.
- Enter the Informative Speech you wrote for your speech class.
- The contest will be held November 14 at 6 P.M. on the Shelby-Hoover Campus Room HSB 129.
- Time limit is 5-7 minutes.
- Brief notes are allowed but the speech must be given extemporaneously.
- A typed, formal outline is due at time of entry.
Entry deadline is November 1, 2017. Please submit your entry form and outline to Dr. Janice Ralya either via the web form below or download and complete the entry form and drop it by my office at the Shelby Campus GSB Room 214-I. Judges for the contest will include faculty members, Speech Team alumni and members of Sigma Chi Eta. Speeches will be judged in the areas of organization, content/research and delivery.
Please contact Dr. Janice Ralya firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about the contest.