The Jefferson State Student Ambassador Organization is a prestigious group of individuals that serve as official hosts and hostesses for our college and community. Acceptance into this organization is based on an interview process, application, current GPA status, student involvement and leadership skills. Each candidate that submits a completed application will be contacted for an interview and if selected, those candidates can receive a scholarship (includes tuition and fees) for up to two years.
DEADLINE for Application is Friday March 2, 2018
Applicants will be chosen by a selection committee based on their application, interview, GPA, leadership skills, interest in student involvement and future goals.
What you need to know before applying – Ambassador Required Duties:
- Maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA or better each semester
- Abide by the JSCC Ambassador Demerit System and Code of Conduct
- Be considered a full time student (12 credit hours per semester excluding the summer term)
- Host various college events (receptions, graduation ceremonies, conferences, etc)
- Work a minimum of 5 hours per week in a designated area on campus (assigned by the Ambassador Advisor
- Coordinate ALL New Student Orientations
- Conduct campus tours
- Attend Leadership Conferences and Seminars
- Attend an annual Ambassador Retreat
- Help coordinate and participate in fundraising events
- Must be willing to travel to various Jefferson State Campuses
- Be available for daytime, evening and weekend events
- Be involved with other student organizations and events
Through the selection process, 21 chosen Ambassadors will receive a semester by semester scholarship for tuition and fees up to 2 years (books are not included). In order to maintain this scholarship, Ambassadors must maintain a cumulative 3.0 GPA, abide by the Ambassador Code of Conduct rules and regulations, the Demerit System, and stay in good standing with the college and community at all times. Scholarship recipients shall enroll full-time at Jefferson State each semester and complete a total of 24 semester hours for the fall and spring semesters.
All current Ambassadors must reapply each year and be selected again before the scholarship will be awarded for the second year.
Certain qualified applicants who are willing may serve as Ambassadors without a scholarship.
Fitzgerald Student Center 305
2601 Carson Rd
Birmingham, AL 35125