National Communication Honor Society for Two-Year Colleges
What is Sigma Chi Eta?
Sigma Chi Eta was established in 1990 to recognize and honor students who excel in communication at two-year colleges. It is part of the National Communication Association. The Zeta Chapter was formed in 2014 at Jefferson State Community College to recognize students who not only display excellence in communication-related classes, but who also want to learn more about communication, improve their communication skills and serve the community.
Students do not have to be a communication major to join this honor society. Members will have the opportunity to compete for local and national offices and awards, attend conferences and meet professionals in the field of communication.
- Sigma Chi Eta is the communications honor society at Jefferson State.
- You do not have to be a communications major to be a member.
- Students must have completed 12 semester credit hours (18 quarter credit-hours) at their current institution, the equivalent number of hours at a transfer institution, or the equivalent number of hours through life-long learning credit.
- Students must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 for all courses taken.
- Students must have completed the equivalent of three courses or 9 semester credit hours in Communication Studies or communication-related courses (SPH, MCM, THR, ENG 101, ENG 102, HUM 298, PSY 200, SOC 200, and BUS 215).
- Students must have a minimum GPA of 3.25 for ALL communication-related courses taken (see list above).
- Students must currently be enrolled as a student in good standing, as determined by the institution’s policies.
What is ComClub?
- ComClub is a way for students to be involved with Sigma Chi Eta before finishing all the credit hours necessary for membership in Sigma Chi Eta.
- Since there are no prerequisites for ComClub, you can participate right away by attending Sigma Chi Eta/ComClub sponsored events on campus and signing up for our email list.
- Watch for events to be posted on the JSCC Activities Calendar or in JSCC email.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Faculty Sponsor: Connie Caskey, email@example.com, (205) 983-5966