Jefferson State Student Nurse Association (JSSNA) is the local chapter of the National Student Nurses’ Association and is open to all nursing and pre-nursing students enrolled at Jefferson State. The organization provides an opportunity to practice leadership skills and to participate in activities, which promote high standards in health care and the nursing profession.
Due to the size of the nursing program, students can be involved in the JSSNA on any of the nursing program sites – Clanton, Jefferson (Carson Road), Pell City, and Shelby (day and evening programs). As the JSSNA grows, we expect to have a set of officers for each program site, out of which several will be elected to serve as the executive board for the entire chapter.
- Low annual membership cost is only $35 which includes Alabama Association of Nursing Students (AANS) and National Student Nurse Association (NSNA) membership
- Scholarship program
- “Imprint” – NSNA professional magazine for student nurses; the only magazine published by student nurses for student nurses
- Discounts – NCLEX-RN review resources, FREE professional portfolio, school and office supplies, hotel/motel, uniforms & accessories, health insurance, etc.
How to Join
- For full-membership including the right to vote and hold an office
- Follow the links for Membership, Membership Services, Join/Renew/Update Online
- For associate membership including the right to participate in planning and activities, without the right to vote and hold an office.
- Contact the faculty advisor for the preferred nursing program site
- Clanton – Dr. Christopher Forbes, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jefferson – Cynthia Hill (205) 856-6013 email@example.com
- Pell City – Dr. Cristy Daffron, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shelby, Day Program – Mrs. Natasha Grimes, email@example.com
- Shelby, Evening Program – Dr. Jennifer Satterfield, firstname.lastname@example.org
- For meeting announcements, updates, inspiration, etc. check out the JSSNA Facebook page.
- Club Facebook Page
Main Faculty Advisor