The Zeta Chapter of Sigma Chi Eta Communication Honor Society is now accepting membership applications from Jefferson State students who meet the eligibility requirements for membership. Membership applications will be available at:
- Jefferson Campus in BDH 219
- Shelby Campus in GSB 216
- Clanton Campus in the main office 115, Ms. Kitchens
- Pell City Campus. in main office.
Students should bring completed applications (attach copy of transcript) to GSB 216 at the Shelby Campus or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to include your completed application AND a copy of your transcript. (Official transcript not required, can just print a copy of JSCC transcript from your myJSCC Online Services)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: JULY 1, 2019
National Communication Honor Society for Two-Year Colleges
What is Sigma Chi Eta?
Sigma Chi Eta was established in 1990 to recognize and honor students who excel in communication at two-year colleges. It is part of the National Communication Association. The Zeta Chapter was formed in 2014 at Jefferson State Community College to recognize students who not only display excellence in communication-related classes, but who also want to learn more about communication, improve their communication skills, and serve the community. Students do not have to be a communication major to join this honor society. Members will have the opportunity to compete for local and national offices and awards, attend conferences and meet professionals in the field of communication.
Students must have completed 12 semester credit hours (18 quarter credit-hours) at their current institution, the equivalent number of hours at a transfer institution, or the equivalent number of hours through life-long learning credit.
- Students must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 for all courses taken.
- Students must have completed the equivalent of three courses or 9 semester credit hours in Communication Studies or communication-related courses (any SPH, MCM, or THR course; also ENG 101, ENG 102, HUM 298, PSY 200, SOC 200, and BUS 215).
- Students must have a minimum GPA of 3.25 for ALL communication-related courses taken (see list above).
- Students must currently be enrolled as a student in good standing, as determined by the institution’s policies.
Contact email@example.com with questions.