The Department of Business and Information Systems includes the areas of Business, Computer Science, and Office Administration.
The mission of this department is two-fold. The department provides all students access to quality educational opportunities and experiences that will meet the needs
of an ever-changing and increasingly demanding technological society.
In addition, the department provides outstanding educational instruction which prepares students for transfer to a college or university.
The department will:
- provide career programs and professional degree programs that enable graduates to obtain immediate employment
- prepare students to continue their education at four year institutions
- expand learning opportunities through the integration of technology with instruction
- provide access to instruction through distance learning as well as traditional modes of delivery
- provide courses that help those already employed acquire specialized skills needed as a result of technological advances or for job advancement
- evaluate programs and courses for relevancy, making appropriate changes when needed
- maintain a professional and knowledgeable faculty