Certification Process

All students who receive VA Educational Benefits must do the following in order to have their enrollment verified to the Department of Veterans Affairs:

  1. Have a complete Admissions file. For transfer students, prior credit has to be evaluated before submission of enrollment to the Department of Veterans Affairs.
  2. Tuition must be paid at the time of registration. All students must submit a copy of the Request for Certification of Benefits form and pay for all classes registered to have their enrollment certified to the Department of Veteran Affairs. *Chapter 33 students must submit the Request for Certification form in order to have their payments applied. If a CH 33 student registers for courses and fails to submit the required form each semester after registering, their schedule will be dropped.
  3. Must complete the VA Enrollment Certification Request Form & aStatement of Understanding to submit to the JSCC VA representative for certification approval. These documents require a student’s signature.
  4. Students are required to speak with an academic advisor to ensure all courses registered are included in current degree plan. * The VA will not cover courses that are not required for the student’s program of study.
  5. If a student plans to withdraw from a course, you must notify the JSCC VA representative of this change in your status. Failure to notify our office could result in an overpayment.
  6. Once all required documents have been submitted to the JSCC VA office, the student’s enrollment will be certified to the Department of Veterans Affairs once verified and payment has been received ( if applicable).