Interested in working in a dental office? Dental Assistant is one of the top most-growing careers of today. This program will teach you the skills needed to work in a dental office as an entry-level dental assistant, receptionist, front office assistant or back office assistant. The main goal of this course is to familiarize the student with all of the areas of dental assisting. This class will include both theory and hands-on training that will allow students to become familiar with dental instruments and how to prepare them for the patients. It will provide the student with the professional skills that are necessary to work as a Dental Assistant.
Each week, one night of class is held on campus. The other class night will be held at the office of our dental partner.
The Dental Assistant course includes topics which will help students understand and learn to assist in:
- The role of a dental assistant.
- Infection control and sterilization.
- Patient care and charting.
- Terminology and tooth anatomy.
- Instrument and hand piece identification.
- Radiology techniques and developing radiographs.
- Four handed dentistry.
- Composite and amalgam fillings.
- Crown and bridge.
- Partials and dentures.
- Oral surgery, root canal treatment, and toothache investigation.
- Preventative dentistry and oral hygiene instruction.
- Course Fee – $1199
- Textbook – $155 approx Textbook price subject to change.
Workforce Investment Act (WIA) scholarships may be available for qualified and eligible students. Please call for details.