Medical Career Programs require a high school diploma or GED. Some programs also require malpractice insurance, criminal background check, drug screen, health screen, and other items.
Interested in a career in physical therapy? This is the course for you!
Physical therapy aide is one of the fastest growing jobs today. Physical therapy aides work under the supervision of physical therapists and physical therapist assistants. You can work in a hospital, physical therapy office, personal care facility, or with a home health agency.
This 50-hour class will teach you the role of the physical therapy aide in patient recovery, medical terminology, basic anatomy and physiology, common physical disorders, common physical therapy treatments such as exercise and mobility training, much more.
The Physical Therapy Aide Course Includes:
- The Profession of Physical Therapy
- History and Evolution of Physical Therapy
- The Role of the Physical Therapy Aide as a Member of the Rehabilitation Team
- Understanding Medical Ethics and Medical Law Patient Medical Records and the Law
- Ethical and Legal Issues in Physical Therapy
- The Framework of the Human Body
- The Axial and Appendicular Skeletons
- Diseases and Disorders of Bones and Joints
- Using Physical Therapy to Treat Common Medical Disorders
- Career Opportunities for the Physical Therapy Aide Medical Terminology and Medical Records
- Administrative Role of the Physical Therapy Aide Basic Structure and Function of the Human Body
- Applied Anatomy and Physiology and the Musculoskeletal System
- Safety in the Working Environment
- Assisting with Ambulation and Gait Training Obtaining a Job as a Physical Therapy Aide
- Course Fee – $799
- Textbook – $135 approx (Textbook price subject to change)
Workforce Investment Act (WIA) scholarships may be available for qualified and eligible students. Please call for details.