Jefferson State Community College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award the Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, and the Associate of Applied Science degrees. Contact the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call (404) 679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Jefferson State Community College.
Program Specific Accreditation
Program Specific Accreditation
- The Nursing Program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326; Telephone number (404) 975-5000, Fax (404) 975-5020, www.acenursing.org.
- The Child Development Program is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children.
- The Funeral Service Education Degree Program at Jefferson State Community College is accredited by the American Board of Funeral Service Education (ABFSE), 992 Mantua Pike, Suite 108, Woodbury Heights, New Jersey 08097 (816) 233-3747. Web: www.abfse.org.
- The Medical Laboratory Technology Program is accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS), 5600 N. River Rd. Suite 720 Rosemont, IL. 60018; Telephone number (773) 714-8880, Fax (773) 714-8886, www.naacls.org.
- The Physical Therapist Assistant Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education of the American Physical Therapy Association (CAPTE), 1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandria,Virginia 22314; (703) 684-2782; [email protected]; www.capteonline.org.
- The Radiologic Technology Program is accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT).
- The Associate of Applied Science Degree in the Funeral Service Education Program at Jefferson State Community College is accredited by the American Board of Funeral Service Education, (ABFSE), 992 Mantua Pike, Suite 108, Woodbury Heights, New Jersey 08097 (816) 233-3747. www.abfse.org.
- The Culinary Apprenticeship, Foodservice/Culinary Management, and Baking/Pastry Program is accredited by The American Culinary Federation Accrediting Commission.
- The Construction Management Technology Option of the Construction and Building Science Technology Program is accredited by the American Council for Construction Education (ACCE).
- Jefferson State Community College is nationally accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) for the offering of the Associate Degrees in Accounting, Business Management, Banking and Finance Administration, Office Administration Technology, and Business Transfer Programs.
- The Veterinary Technology Program is accredited by the Committee on Veterinary Technicians Education and Activities (CVTEA) of the American Veterinary Medical Association.
- The Jefferson State Community College Emergency Medical Services Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP). Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, 9355 – 113th St. N, #7709, Seminole, FL 33775. www.caahep.org.