The courses listed below are part of the A.A.S. degree. While completing requirements for A.A.S. degree, a student can earn the short and advanced certificate.
- A minimum of 66 hours is needed to apply for A.A.S. graduation.
- A minimum of 32 hours for advanced certificate
- A minimum of 21 hours for short certificate.
To be awarded the certificates and A.A.S. degree, students should contact Enrollment Services Graduation Office two terms before graduating at 205-856-7793 (firstname.lastname@example.org) or 205-856-7757.
Courses Required CER C001
General Courses (32 hours)
- ENG 101 English Composition I
- MTH 100 Intermediate College Algebra
- CIS 113 Spreadsheet Software Applications (Excel)
- Humanities and Fine Arts Elective (AHUM)
- ACT 145 Basic Accounting Procedures
- ACT 249 Payroll Accounting
- ACT 115 Introduction to Accounting Computer Resources
- BUS 241 Principles of Accounting I
- BUS 242 Principles of Accounting II
- *Electives – 5 hours
- *ACT, BUS, MST, or CIS courses listed from the AAS selected option.
Degree plan subject to change. Please see current schedule and catalog online. Meeting with an advisor is highly recommended.