The courses listed below are part of the A.A.S. degree. While completing requirements for A.A.S. degree, a student can earn the short and advanced certificate.
- A minimum of 66 hours is needed to apply for A.A.S. graduation.
- A minimum of 32 hours for advanced certificate
- A minimum of 21 hours for short certificate.
To be awarded the certificates and A.A.S. degree, students should contact Enrollment Services Graduation Office two terms before graduating at 205-856-7793 (firstname.lastname@example.org) or 205-856-7757.
Courses Required AAS C001
General Courses (24 hours)
- ENG 101 English Composition I
- SPH 106 Public Speaking or SPH 107 Oral Communication
- MTH 100 Intermediate College Algebra
- CIS 113 Spreadsheet Software Applications (Excel)
- ECO 231 Principles of Macroeconomics or ECO 232 Principles of Microeconomics
- Lab Science Elective (ASCI)
- Humanities and Fine Arts Elective (AHUM)
- HED or PED Elective
Major Courses (21 hours)
- ACT 145 Basic Accounting Procedures
- ACT 115 Introduction to Accounting Computer Resources
- ACT 253 Individual Income Tax
- ACT 249 Payroll Accounting
- BUS 241 Principles of Accounting I
- BUS 242 Principles of Accounting II
- ACT 252 Accounting Case Studies
Accounting Option (21 hours)
- BUS 100 Intro to Business
- BUS 146 Personal Finance
- BUS 215 Business Communication
- BUS 248 Managerial Accounting
- BUS 263 Legal and Social Environment of Business
- MST 201 Human Resource Management or MST 111 Elements of Supervision
- MST 215 Small Business Management
Degree plan subject to change. Please see current schedule and catalog online. Meeting with an advisor is highly recommended.