The courses listed below are part of the A.A.S. degree. While completing requirements for A.A.S. degree, a student can earn the short and advanced certificate.
- A minimum of 63 hours is needed to apply for A.A.S. graduation.
- A minimum of 30 hours for advanced certificate
- A minimum of 21 hours for short certificate.
To be awarded the certificates and A.A.S. degree, students should contact Enrollment Services Graduation Office two terms before graduating at 205-856-7793 ([email protected]) or 205-856-7757.
General Courses (24 hours)
- ENG 101 English Composition I 3
- SPH 107 Fundamentals of Public Speaking or 3
- SPH 106 Fundamentals of Oral Communication
- MTH Elective: * (A116) MTH 100 or MTH 116 or 3 higher level math course
- Lab Science Elective (ASCI): 4 (astronomy, biology, chemistry, physical science, physics)
- ECO 231 Principles of Macroeconomics 3
- ECO 232 Principles of Microeconomics 3
- Humanities and Fine Arts Elective: (AHUM) 3 (art, humanities, religion, theatre, music philosophy, intermediate foreign language, literature)
- PED/HED Elective 2
*Banking Option students must take MTH 100, not MTH 116.
Major Courses: (18 hours)
- ACT 145 Basic Accounting Procedures or 3
- BUS 241** Principles of Accounting I
- BUS 146 Personal Finance 3
- BUS 263 Legal and Social Environment of Business 3
- BUS 285 Principles of Marketing 3
- MST 111 Elements of Supervision 3
- CIS 146 Microcomputer Applications 3
Entrepreneurship Option (21 hours)
- ETP 265 Entrepreneurial Marketing 3
- ETP 266 Entrepreneurial Finance 3
- ETP 279 Small Business Management 3
- BUS 100 Introduction to Business 3
- ACT 249 Payroll Accounting 3
- BUS 215 Business communication 3
- BUS, ACT, CIS, MST, ETP or OAD Elective 3
Total Credit Hours 63