The courses listed below are part of the A.A.S. degree. While completing requirements for A.A.S. degree, a student can earn the short and advanced certificate.
- A minimum of 63 hours is needed to apply for A.A.S. graduation.
- A minimum of 30 hours for advanced certificate
- A minimum of 21 hours for short certificate.
To be awarded the certificates and A.A.S. degree, students should contact Enrollment Services Graduation Office two terms before graduating at 205-856-7793 (firstname.lastname@example.org) or 205-856-7757.
Courses Required AAS C043
General Courses (18 hours)
- ENG 101 English Composition I
- SPH 106 Public Speaking or SPH 107 Oral Communication
- MTH 100 Intermediate College Algebra or MTH 116 or higher-level math course
- Lab Science Elective (ASCI)
- Humanities and Fine Arts Elective (AHUM)
- HED or PED Elective
Major Courses (24 hours)
- ECO 231 Macroeconomics
- ECO 232 Microeconomics
- ACT 145 or BUS 241 Principles of Accounting I
- BUS 146 Personal Finance
- BUS 263 Legal and Social Environment
- BUS 285 Principles of Marketing
- MST 111 Elements of Supervision
- CIS 146 Microcomputer Applications
Business Management Option (21 hours)
- BUS 100 Intro to Business
- BUS 215 Business Communication
- BUS 275 Principles of Management
- MST 201 Human Resource Management
- MST 215 Small Business Management
- ACT 249 Payroll Accounting
- BUS, ACT, CIS MST or OAD Elective
Degree plan subject to change. Please see current schedule and catalog online. Meeting with an advisor is highly recommended.