The following must be submitted to be considered for this program:
Complete and submit the application below
Email [email protected] a copy (PDF File or Phone Photo) of your
High School diploma or GED
Driver license or official ID
CLASS/CLINICALS -February 8- April 22, 2022
There are two parts to the program.
- PCT classes/lab (plus a clinical rotation)
- Career Success Workshops and Career Coaching*
Thursday, February 3, 2022, 10:00-1:00
*Study Labs, workshops and individual career counseling sessions are mandatory. Students are required to attend all parts of the program.
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
- 9:00 am—1:00 pm
- Jefferson State Community College (Five Points location)
- Clinical rotation at health care site
- Single Mother with a child enrolled in Head Start (or previous enrollment).
- High school diploma or GED
- Interest to begin a career in a medical field
- Ability to dedicate extended time and effort to study in/out of class and complete a clinical rotation at a health care facility
- Criminal background check, drug screen, health screen, and updated immunizations. record required for clinical placement.
Career Scholarship Program
The Scholarship includes:
Program Registration Fees, Books and Transportation Stipend.
- Books must be returned at the end of classes
- Students will be required to purchase scrubs for clinical rotations and must be up to date on immunizations.
The Patient Care Assistant/Technician (PCA/T) course is designed to prepare entry-level graduates that promote and protect the health and safety of patients through the delivery of compassionate, quality health care services, and the promotion of health care standards.
- Patient Care Skills Care Skills/Course Objectives:
- knowledge and skills in medical and surgical asepsis
- basic anatomy and physiology
- cardiac monitoring
- Healthcare worker interpersonal skills.
Upon completion of the program, students are qualified to work under the supervision of licensed professional personnel, and alongside other health care providers in a variety of settings.
Entry level opportunities include hospitals, clinics, rehabilitation centers, long term care and assisted living facilities, hospice, home care, and other health care facilities.
Upon successful completion of this program, students will sit for the Patient Care Technician/Assistant Certification (CPCT/A). Also, a Certificate of Completion from Jefferson State will be issued.
Jefferson State Community College
Complete and Submit your application today!