Long Certificate Program
Baking and Pastry Certificate (CER CO30)
The courses listed below are part of the A.A.S. degree. While completing requirements for A.A.S. degree, a student can earn the certificate. To be awarded the advanced certificate, the student should contact the Enrollment Services Graduation Office.
*A minimum of 41 hours and a minimum GPA of 2.00 is required for a certificate from Jefferson State.
*A minimum of 11 hours in this program must be completed at JSCC to satisfy the residency requirement.
*Grade of C or better required in all major and option courses.
Baking and Pastry Courses
- CUA 101 Orientation to the Hospitality Profession 3
- CUA 110 Basic Food Preparation 3
- CUA 112s Sanitation, Safety, and Food Service 2
- CUA 120 Basic Food Preparation Lab 2
- CUA 130 Chocolate and Truffles 3
- CUA 142 Specialty Breads 3
- CUA 165 Cake Decorating and Design 3
- CUA 204 Foundations of Baking 3
- CUA 208 Advanced Baking 3
- CUA 213 Food Purchasing and Cost Control 3
- CUA 216 Plated Dessert Design 3
General Education Courses
- ENG 101, English Composition I 3
- MTH Elective (A116) MTH 100 or MTH 116 or higher-level math course 3
- CIS 130 Introduction to Information Systems or CIS 146 Microcomputer Applications 3
- Humanities and Fine Arts Elective: (AHUM) (art, humanities, religion, theatre, music, philosophy, foreign language, literature 3
Long Certificate Total Hours: 43