- Complete the 2020-2021 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa to apply for loans, grants, and work-study. The completion of this form does not guarantee you will receive aid.
- You will need your (and parents if dependent) 2018 Federal tax return (1040) and other sources of income to complete the FAFSA.
- It is highly recommended to use the IRS Data Retrieval tool on the FAFSA (Sections 3 and 4) for accuracy. If not, a signed copy of the 2018 tax form 1040 may be required for Financial Aid.
- Be sure to list Jefferson State Community College (Federal school code 001022) in step 6 of the FAFSA as a college to receive your information.
- Apply for Admissions online at jeffersonstate.edu – (Re-admission if student has not attended the past three terms.)
- The Admissions Office will provide the student with a user name and password to access their myJSCC account.
- All official transcripts (college, high school or GED) must be on file in admissions before the deadline.
- It is the student’s responsibility to review their myJSCC account to see any additional requests that may be added. If you have any questions regarding Admissions, please email [email protected] or call (205) 856-7704.
- The FAFSA application is received electronically from the Federal Government 3 to 5 days from when the student submitted the application.
- Once the FAFSA has been received and the student has completed an Admissions application, the student will be mailed instructions on how to view the financial aid terms and conditions and the financial aid requirements on their myJSCC account.
- The student will be awarded after all required documents have been submitted, reviewed and it is determined the student is eligible to receive financial aid. An award notification email will be sent to the student’s myJSCC email account. Make sure to read the information and follow the instructions in the email.
- The student is responsible for checking their Jefferson State email and myJSCC account regularly for Financial Aid and Admissions status.
- For instructions to view your financial aid requirements on your myJSCC account go to “Check My Status” on the Jefferson State website.
- When contacting the Financial Aid Office be sure to include your name and student number. Email us at [email protected] or call: (205) 856-8511
- **Please note if you register before your JSCC award is on the system, the student must pay the tuition and fees.
A transient student is a student who attends another college and will be in attendance at Jefferson State one semester and then return to their home institution. Transient students are not eligible to receive financial aid at Jefferson State.