- Complete the 2021-2022 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa to apply for loans, grants, and work-study. The completion of this form does not guarantee you will receive aid.
- You will need your (and parents if dependent) 2019 Federal tax return and other sources of income to complete the FAFSA.
- It is highly recommended to use the IRS Data Retrieval tool on the FAFSA for accuracy. If not, you may be required to submit 2019 tax documentation to the Financial Aid Office.
- Be sure to list Jefferson State Community College (Federal school code 001022) in step 6 of the FAFSA as a college to receive your information.
- Apply for Admissions online at jeffersonstate.edu – (Re-admission if student has not attended the past three terms.)
- The Admissions Office will provide the student with a username and password to access their myJSCC account.
- All official transcripts (college, high school or GED) must be on file in admissions before the deadline.
- It is the student’s responsibility to review their myJSCC account to see any additional requests that may be added. If you have any questions regarding Admissions, please email [email protected] or call (205) 856-7704.
- The FAFSA application is received electronically from the Federal Government 3 to 5 days from when the student submitted the application.
- Once the FAFSA has been received, the student will be mailed instructions on how to view the financial aid requirements on their myJSCC account.
- Once all required documents have been processed and it is determined the student is eligible to receive financial aid, an award notification email will be sent to the student’s myJSCC email account. Make sure to read the information and follow the instructions in the email.
- The student is responsible for checking their Jefferson State email and myJSCC account regularly for Financial Aid and Admissions updates and notifications.
- For instructions to view your financial aid requirements on your myJSCC account go to “Check My Status” on the Jefferson State website.
- When contacting the Financial Aid Office be sure to include your name and student number. Email us at [email protected] or call: (205) 856-8511
A transient student is a student who attends another college and will attend Jefferson State one semester and then return to their home institution. Transient students are not eligible to receive financial aid at Jefferson State.