Are you an adult thinking about…
- beginning college after being out of school for a long time,
- taking classes to upgrade your skills for re-entering the work force,
- getting a college degree to help you get a better job,
- fulfilling a lifelong dream of attending college?
Summer Seminar Schedule
If you are an adult–single (25 and older); married/divorced/widowed; single parent; or GED recipient – attend a FREE seminar at Jefferson State. You will receive information on college admissions, financial aid, and beginning college. This seminar is offered by New Options.
If you are interested in attending, please call NEW OPTIONS to per-register at (205) 856-7718 or toll-free 1-800-239-5900, ext. 8571.
- Friday, June 8 – 12:00 Noon – 2:00 p.m., Allen Library 205
- Friday, July 20 – 12:00 Noon – 2:00 p.m., Allen Library 205
- Monday, June 18 – 6:00 p.m. -8:00 p.m., General Studies Building, Conference Room 117
- Tuesday, July 24 – 12:00 noon-2:00 p.m., General Studies Building, Conference Room 117
- Tuesday, June 12 – 12:00 Noon – 2:00 p.m., First Floor Conference Room
- Thursday, July 26 – 12:00 Noon – 2:00 p.m., First Floor Conference Room
St. Clair-Pell City Campus
- Thursday, June 21 – 12:00 noon – 2:00 p.m., Conference Room 225
- Thursday, July 9 – 12:00 noon – 2:00 p.m., Conference Room 225
The New Options Program is designed to support non-traditional adults–single adults (25 and older); single parents; married adults; or GED recipients–who are beginning college for the first time or who are returning to college after an interruption in their education.
The program offers free seminars each semester at the Jefferson, Shelby-Hoover, St. Clair-Pell City and Chilton-Clanton campuses. These seminars help participants prepare for classes and cover many topics including beginning college, applying for financial aid, study skills, job search skills and becoming a successful student.