Deadlines & Application Process
Students should apply the term prior to the term they plan to graduate so that the Graduation Office will have time to communicate with them about courses needed for graduation. Please apply by the recommended dates listed below for the term you plan or are planning to graduate.
- Fall 2021 Graduation – June 14
- Spring 2021 Graduation – October 15
- Summer 2021 Graduation- February 17
- The last day to post graduates will be the day before classes begin for the next term. Grades of Incompletes (I) must be changed to a passing grade before this date.
- Students who will be transferring courses back to Jefferson State to meet graduation requirements must have an official transcript (with grades) in Enrollment Services and evaluated no later than the day before classes start for the next term.
- It is the student’s responsibility to inform the Graduation Office at email@example.com or (205) 856-7793 that a transcript will be forthcoming.
- If transfer work is not received and evaluated in a timely manner, graduation for the term could be affected.
- Pay All College Fees.
- All past due financial obligations must be cleared prior to receiving your degree. Transcripts are held for those accounts not cleared prior to graduation.
- Degrees posted will appear on your official JSCC transcript and on your My JSCC online transcript.
- Students who received federal loans while at Jefferson State Community College must complete the Federal Direct Loan Program/Direct Loans Entrance and Exit Counseling survey. Click here to complete the survey. Your degree will not be posted until the survey has been completed.
You may apply online or by completing the hard copy graduation application. (If you complete the hard copy graduation application do not apply online also.)
- Online Graduation Application – Apply through your My JSCC account. Click Student Records/Apply to Graduate.
- Hard Copy Graduation Application – Complete and print the hard copy graduation application and bring it to one of the following locations:
- Jefferson Campus – Enrollment Services Office in Allen Library 100
- Shelby-Hoover Campus – Enrollment Services Office, General Studies Building 100
- St. Clair-Pell City Campus – Enrollment Services Office
- Chilton-Clanton Campus – Enrollment Services Office
- Alternately, you may submit a completed hard copy by:
- Scanning/emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailing to Enrollment Services, Jefferson State Community College, 2601 Carson Road, Birmingham, AL 35215
Check Your Jefferson State Email
Last minute communication regarding the graduation ceremony will be conducted via the student’s Jefferson State email address. Graduates have the responsibility to insure their e-mail box at their Jefferson State email address is clear to receive mail and that the mail is read and managed appropriately.
Graduates may contact the Graduation Office at email@example.com for additional information.
All students graduating or pending graduation from Jefferson State will have their names included in the annual printed Commencement Program. Students must submit written notification to the Graduation Office if they do not wish their name to be included in the printed Commencement Program. The written notification must include your signature. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.