Commencement is a dignified occasion honoring important educational accomplishments. Decorum and courtesy are important to you and your family, and to your fellow graduates and their families.
For the 2021 ceremony, facemasks must be work by all graduates and guests as a COVID-19 safety measure.
Suggested Attire for Women
- dark dress or pants, cool fabric
- dark low heel or flat shoes
- no high collars or bows at the neck
- no corsages or jewelry on the robe
Suggested Attire for Men
- dark trousers, white shirts, tie is optional
- dark shoes and socks
- no sandals
- Once you have entered the auditorium and have been seated you are expected to remain seated until the conclusion of the ceremony marked by the candidate recessional.
- Improper attire, signs, and insignia will be removed by the marshals.
- Cell phones and other electronic equipment should be turned off.
- Valuables should be left with family members or guests prior to arriving at your assembly location. Do not leave purses, keys, or other personal items in the line-up room or hallway. The College is not responsible for items left in the assembly room, hallways or in the auditorium.
The ceremony should last approximately two hours.