Complete the interest form below.
Heavy Equipment Operators not only work on regular construction building jobs, but also on infrastructure projects (roads, bridges, and ports, otherwise called non-building construction), and in mining and timber operations. A trained and experienced equipment operator provides necessary skills for any project that requires moving and transporting heavy materials, or that demands any kind of earth moving.
Students will learn:
- The role and responsibilities of heavy equipment operators in the construction industry
- Heavy Equipment Safety
- Hydraulic systems and their components
- Basic operational techniques
- Different types of utility tractors and their equipment
- Procedures for starting, operating, and shutting down a utility tractor
- Introduction to earth moving
- Planning and laying out a site for grading
- Equipment and methods used in making measurements and establishing finish grades
Complete the interest form below for the Heavy Equipment Operator Program.