Long Certificate Program
Hotel/Restaurant Management Certificate (CER C236)
The courses listed below are part of the A.A.S. degree. While completing requirements for A.A.S. degree, a student can earn the advanced certificate. To be awarded the advanced certificate, the student should contact the Enrollment Services Graduation Office.
*A minimum of 41 hours and a minimum GPA of 2.00 is required for a certificate from Jefferson State.
*A minimum of 11 hours in this program must be completed at JSCC to satisfy the residency requirement.
*Grade of C or better required in all major and option courses.
Hotel/Restaurant Management Courses
- CUA 101 Orientation to the Hospitality Profession 3
- HMM 105s Principles of Management 3
- HSM 240 Housekeeping Administration or CUA 115 Advanced Food Preparation 3
- CUA 210 Beverage Management 2
- HMM 240 Hospitality Managerial Accounting 3
- HMM 241 Restaurant Service Management 1 3
- HMM 251 Front Office Management or CUA 205 Garde Manger 3
- BUS 263 Legal/Social Environment of Business 3
- HSM 123 Hospitality Field Experience 1 3
- HSM 133 Hospitality Field Experience 11 3
General Education Courses
- ENG 101, English Composition I 3
- MTH Elective (A116) MTH 100 or MTH 116 or higher-level math course 3
- CIS 130 Introduction to Information Systems or CIS 146 Microcomputer Applications 3
- Humanities and Fine Arts Elective: (AHUM) (art, humanities, religion, theatre, music, philosophy, foreign language, literature 3