Non-U.S. Citizens and Non-U.S. Permanent Residents

Application for Admission

Click here for the online application instructions. You must complete the Non-U.S. Citizen section of the Online Application and indicate your visa type. A passport is required to complete this section. Upon completion of the online application, a signature page is generated that must be submitted for admission to Jefferson State.

Photo I.D.

Present original documents in person at Jefferson State for photocopy. Examples include: unexpired I-94 card and visa page, (and unexpired driver’s license, if applicable). Mailed copies must be notarized.

Secondary School or College/University Evaluation

ONE of the following is required:

    •  If you attended High School in the United States –
      official transcript from accredited U.S. high school with graduation
      date. The transcript must come sealed directly to the Jefferson
      State Community College OR…
    •  If you attended High School outside the U.S.– an Official
      General Evaluation Report from an accredited credential evaluator is
      required. This confirms your high school work is equivalent to a
      U.S. High School Diploma. You would submit your high school
      documents to an evaluation company for a “General” Report
      evaluation. We recommend Educational Credential Evaluators
      ( as we receive their evaluations electronically, but
      will accept evaluations from other NACES accredited evaluators (,
      or Lisano International or AACRAO Evaluation Services. PLEASE NOTE:
      Students with both high school and college work must be evaluated
      through ECE (see below).

ONE of the following is required:

High School and College/University Work

    •  If you attended college or university overseas, Jeff State
      still requires a high school evaluation report. You must use
      Educational Credential Evaluators (
      for this evaluation. For international college and/or university
      coursework to be considered for transfer credit, an official
      “Catalog Match” report is required from ECE. Only ECE “Catalog
      Match” evaluation reports are accepted for college transfer credit
      (this includes A level, Bac, and Arbitur).
    • Official Transcript(s) from U.S. Colleges and Universities
      official transcript must be sent from each college/university you
      attended in the U.S. Official transcripts should be sent directly
      from issuing institutions.