Scholarships Available for Single Mothers!
March 1 – June 24
Tuesdays, Wednesdays, & Thursdays – 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Classes held at the St. Clair-Pell City Campus, St. Clair Head Start and Hybrid
Complete the interest form below to be contacted!
Program Registration Fees, Computer Learning Access Codes and a Transportation Stipend
1. Basic Computer and IT Help Desk Training
2. Career Success Workshops and Career Coaching (Study labs, workshops and individual career counseling sessions are mandatory. Students are required to attend all parts of the program.)
The Program will provide basic computer training and teach IT skills needed to work as computer user support specialist. Scholarship participants will complete training in job-readiness, basic computer functions and the IT help desk support specialist course leading to a certificate of completion and an opportunity to sit for a national certification.
The 16-week course includes lecture and hands-on-lab. The class will meet three days a week following Head Start’s schedule. The program prepares students to work in a help desk support position for installing, configuring, managing and monitoring hardware and software applications in a stand-alone or networked environment. Students will be provided with ongoing user support skills in the field of information technology. Expert computer knowledge is not re-quired to enroll in the program. Basic computer training is part of the program. Potential occupations for program graduates include: Computer Support Specialist, Computer Applications Specialist, Help Desk Specialist and Help Desk Coordinator.
- Single mother living in St. Clair County
- High School diploma or GED
- Interest to begin a career in IT Help Desk/User Support
- Ability to dedicate extended time and effort to study in/out of class.
- Strong computer skills are not a requirement.
Successful candidates of the program will receive a certificate of completion from Jefferson State and have the option to sit for the CompTIA IT Fundamentals (ITF+) certification. To receive ITF+ certification you must pass the national exam. Students intending to take the CompTIA IT Fundamentals (FC0-U61) examination should review the published requirements by CompTIA to verify that they meet all the qualifications.