Please Complete the Application Below
Scholarships and/or stipends will be awarded to Jefferson County residents in House District 15 interested in pursuing a career in Career and Technical Education.
These funds may be used for tuition/registration fees and stipends such as books, fees, childcare, housing, transportation costs, gas, and other living expenses. Applicants must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Jefferson State will work with other programs to seek out assistance with tuition and fees to help eligible District 15 residents pursue a certificate or degree in a Career and Technical Education Program.
- Applicants must be a Jefferson County resident and live within Alabama House District 15
District 15 is a legislative district that includes the western edge of Jefferson County and a small portion of northwestern Shelby County. Municipalities in the district include Concord and Rock Creek along with most of Pleasant Grove, parts of extreme western Birmingham (Birmingport), southern Sylvan Springs, fragments of Bessemer and portions of western Hoover and Helena. If you are not sure what district you live in, you can enter your address at the following website map to see your district: www.sos.alabama.gov/alabama-votes/elected-official-map.
- Applicants must be a high school graduate or GED recipient
- Applicants must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need
- Applicants must enroll in a Career and Technical Program