Making Alabama – A Bicentennial Traveling Exhibit in Chilton County
Jefferson State Community College, partnering with the Alabama Humanities Foundation, is serving as the Chilton County host of Making Alabama – A Bicentennial Traveling Exhibit. This educational and inspiring exhibit is currently on display in the Clanton Conference and Performing Arts Center on the Chilton-Clanton Campus of Jefferson State at 1850 Lay Dam Road in Clanton.
The ribbon cutting and grand opening for the exhibit was held on November 4th with several City of Clanton and Chilton County officials and citizens in attendance.
The Bicentennial exhibit is free and open to the public until November 28th and features:
- Eight periods of history that defined Alabama as a state – decisions and turning points that shaped the state – all in a visually impressive format to retrace our state’s footsteps featuring people, places and cultures that are still Making Alabama
- Interactive computer screens to engage audiences
- A local display commemorating Chilton County’s Sesquicentennial and showcasing the county’s role in Alabama history and culture, present and future
- Mondays – Thursdays: 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Fridays: 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Thanksgiving Week: November 22-25, 2018
- Monday – Wednesday: 8:00 a.m.- 1:00 p.m.
- Thursday – Sunday: CLOSED
For further inquiries, please contact:
Associate Dean, Chilton-Clanton Campus
More details about the exhibit can be found at www.MakingAlabama.org.