Office Technology Advanced Certificate
The courses listed below are part of the A.A.S. degree. While completing requirements for A.A.S. degree, a student can earn the advanced certificate.
- A minimum of 63 hours is needed to apply for A.A.S. graduation.
- A minimum of 33 hours for advanced certificate
To be awarded the certificates and A.A.S. degree, students should contact Enrollment Services Graduation Office two terms before graduating at 205-856-7793 (firstname.lastname@example.org) or 205-856-7757.
Courses Required CER C141
General Courses (15 hours)
- ENG 101 English Composition I
- MTH 100 or Math 116 or higher-level math course
- Humanities and Fine Arts Elective (AHUM)
- CIS 146 Microcomputer Applications
- ACT 145 Basic Accounting Procedures or BUS 241 Principles of Accounting I
Legal Office Assistant Track (18 hours)
- OAD 103 Intermediate Keyboarding
- OAD 110 Computer Navigation
- OAD 125 Word Processing
- OAD 138 Records and Information Management
- CIS 113 Spreadsheet Software Applications (Excel)
- OAD 137 Computerized Financial Recordkeeping
Meeting with an advisor is highly recommended.