The primary purpose of the Learning Resource Centers is to provide library materials, services, and facilities necessary to support the College’s instructional programs, to meet student course and nonâ€course related library needs, and to meet administrative and public service requirements. In addition, the Learning Resource Centers accept the responsibility for providing materials and services to all members of the College community including traditional and nontraditional students, online, and distance learners. We further strive to promote the teaching and learning process through an information literacy program designed to enable users to “recognize when information is needed and have the ability to locate, evaluate, and use effectively the needed information.”*
*American Library Association, Presidential Committee on Information Literacy.
- Library users will have access to library resources, materials, and services.
- Library users will find collections to be sufficient in quality, depth, diversity, format, and currency to support the college’s teaching and learning initiatives.
- Library users will discover information in all formats through effective use of library technologies and organization of information.
- Library users will seek engagement with librarians in a variety of ways and contexts when seeking information resources.
- Library users will select among multiple options for instruction.
- Library users will demonstrate ability to define information needs, access and evaluate resources, and use information resources ethically.
Policies and Procedures
For a current edition of the LRCs Policies & Procedures Manual, please click here.